MinneWebCon was a two day conference of grassroots knowledge-sharing for people who create, work with, and love the web. The last conference was held at the McNamara Alumni Center in Minneapolis, MN on April 23-24, 2018. The last conference had a general theme around artificial intelligence (AI) and virtual reality (VR)
MinneWebCon premiered in 2008 as an outgrowth of the University of Minnesota’s intercollegiate Web Standards Group. MinneWebCon brought together web professionals from all corners of the industry: public sector employees from higher education to non-profits, private sector employees from Fortune 500 companies to small agencies and one-person shops. With two days of sessions and workshops anchored by innovative keynotes from industry leaders, MinneWebCon became a key event in the Twin Cities’ tech community.
Values & Code of Conduct
Our committee is dedicated to making MinneWebCon a welcoming space for all attendees. Read our values & code of conduct.
Volunteer Planning Committee Alumni
The planning committee is a mixture of private- and public-sector web people.
- Lisa Anderson: @opinedesign
- Abby Bajuniemi: @AbsP
- Matt Edwards: @astronautpnguin
- Aimee Gonzales
- Jess Horwitz: @jesshorwitz
- Zachary Johnson: @zacharyjohnson
- Julian Kittelson-Aldred: @julianmka
- Dan Kunitz: @dkunitz
- Gabe Ormsby: @gormsby
- Kate Stoffregen: @katestoff
- Danny Sussman: @TheSuss
Past Conference Directors
- Kristofer Layon: @klayon (2007-2011)
- Amanda Costello: @amandaesque (2012-2015)
- Sara Hurley: @saralovesyou (2015-2017)
- Antoinette Smith: @ant_auth (2018-2019)