Give Your AI a 3D Home on the Web
Workshop scheduled at 1:00-4:00 in Room 1 (Johnson)
Instructor will introduce each topic area, provide interactive demo, and coordinate breakout hands-on session with teams and individuals. There are eight topics.
- Start with an idea for a game or simulation.
- Consider the information architecture of different game designs.
- Review user input and device events.
- Open up a template 3D scene with lights, camera and a grid.
- Start adding geometry and data to the scene with functions and objects.
- Add an animated model and program it to interact with the environment.
- Get personal help designing and building your project for data, logic and animation functions.
- Optionally you can share your playable demo at jambots.com then tape a show-and-tell for youtube.
- Learn how to turn your idea into a working prototype.
- Plan and build a demo showcasing 3D and A.I. on the web.
- Get the code and the confidence to continue developing your project.
- Developers will take away template code AR/VR shortcuts, and rapid prototyping process steps.
Terrance Schubring’s interest in innovation and creating the future began when he saw the movie, 2001 – A Space Odyssey. It inspired him to program adventure games on an Atari 800. Much later, he continued working with technology as an interactive media producer at University of Minnesota’s College of Continuing Education. Next he developed mobile apps. His many app projects included original games such as Railroad Train and client titles such as Sketch-By-Step in the Apple and Android app stores.
Follow @tschubring on Twitter
Lori L. Lorenz
Lori’s 15+ years of strategy experience, unique analysis, and master design skills enable her to beautifully and elegantly solve today’s business problems. She blends Human Centered Design with Scrum methodology leveraging powerful communication skills and managing day-to-day engagement with unique, wow-worthy results. Lori educates while facilitating groups and/or individuals using creative thinking to innovate a client’s business, products, and services. She brings her passion for excellence, entertaining visual communication, role-play behavioral prototyping, and effective organizational skills to ignite results for all her clients. She solved problems across many industries including, retail, fashion, early childhood development, finance, engineering, publishing, uranium refining, hospitality, education, and visual communications. She is the Master Designer and founder of Pixie Dust, L.L.C.
Follow @pixiedustapps on Twitter